Payroll is one of the most admired features offered by QuickBooks Desktop application and millions of businesses rely on QuickBooks to alanya escort payroll for their employees. It can be a nightmare encountering an error while using QuickBooks. Fortunately, no errors are permanent and can be resolved with proper troubleshooting instructions. One such error that we are going to cover in this article is QuickBooks Error 15222. This is a common error that arises while downloading or installing payroll updates and interrupts payroll alanya escorting. Further in this article we have listed some detailed troubleshooting steps to resolve QuickBooks major upgrade error 15222 so follow the complete article until the end for a quick fix.
QuickBooks Error Code 15222 – Description
Downloading updates for QuickBooks Desktop requires a connection with the internet and any glitch during the connection triggers error in the application. This could be an error downloading the update file or an error while installing it. If you are also encountering QuickBooks Error Code 15222 then an error message “QuickBooks could not verify the digital signature within the update file” appears on the screen. Down below we have listed all the reasons that cause the error:
- When third-party security applications detect the update file as the threat to Windows security.
- You have set Firefox or Chrome as your default Internet Browser.
- Digital signatures for the downloaded file are not verified.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Error H303
Steps to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 15222
Before following the troubleshooting steps make sure to update QuickBooks Desktop application and verify the connectivity of your system with the internet.
Step 1: Disable Windows Security Applications while Downloading the Updates
- Go to the Taskbar of your computer and click the arrow icon.
- Right-click the icon of your security application that can be an anti-malware, anti-spyware, or anti-virus.
- Select the option to quit the application.
- Try to download the payroll updates once again.
Step 2: Make Internet Explorer the Default Internet Browser
- Open Internet Explorer and click the Gear icon at the top right corner.
- Select Internet Options and navigate to the Program tab.
- Select Make Default option and then click Apply and OK.
Step 3: Verify Digital Signatures
- Open Windows File Manager and navigate to the C:\ Program Files(x86)\ Intuit\ QuickBooks folder.
- Right click the QBW32.exe file and select Properties.
- Make sure Intuit Inc is listed under the Digital Signature tab.
- Hit the Details option from the Digital Signature window and select View Certificate.
- Click Install Certificate and then click Next.
- Hit Finish to complete the task.
Try to download and install the payroll updates once again and check if the QuickBooks Error 15222 Window 10 has been resolved.
NOTE: It might be possible that you will face additional issues downloading the update file and QuickBooks Error 80029c4a will appear on the screen. Fortunately you can follow the same troubleshooting instructions to resolve the error as this error also arises because of security apps on Windows.
If you are still facing issues resolving the QuickBooks Error 15222 and need support from a certified QuickBooks Desktop Expert then you can reach us at our QuickBooks Customer Helpline Number 1.855.738.2784 anytime and any day of the week.
Also read : A Brief Guide to QuickBooks Registration Error