We all know that OST is a summary of the Offline storage table created by Outlook when it is configured via Exchange Server and keeps a copy of the mailbox server on your local drive. Outlook OST file allows us to access our Outlook emails, notes, calendars, and any other data, even when offline, we can send or write our messages.
In my opinion, OST files are important for any Outlook user, especially for entrepreneurs. However, sometimes a few situations require users to Import OST files in Outlook 2019 or any other version.
Why do users import their OST files to Outlook?
There are several situations where you need to import an OST file into Outlook.
- Exchange Server Downtime: Exchange server expiration can occur at any time for a number of reasons, such as malware, viruses, and hardware/software failures. So, users should have a backup copy of the OST files in order to return to the Exchange Server mailboxes in a short period in the event of a disaster/break.
- Exchange Server Maintenance: Everything requires repair, even the human body. You may be careful to set the Exchange server in regular mode to keep it running smoothly and to avoid downtime. But when we put Exchange Server into configuration mode, we can’t access our Exchange mailboxes, so users prefer to import OST into Outlook PST to access it even while the Exchange Server is still being configured.
These are just a few of the reasons why this might happen to you, and you should import the OST file into Outlook. Apart from this, the worst is OST file corruption, and the only way to recover corrupt OST files is to convert them to Outlook PST format.
Let’s move on to the next section, which will show you how to import OST files in Outlook 2019 and 2013 or any other version.
Methods of importing
There are two methods of importing the OST files to Outlook PST format. These methods of importing include:
- Manual method
- Professional method
The manual method includes the archive feature or using the import or export option!
The Archive method:
- Open Outlook and go to File
- Click Options in the left pane.
- Next, select the Advanced option and click on Auto Archive Settings.
- Next set the archive automatically according to your need. You must set a date count to use archive by default.
- When you are done, click OK, and Outlook will automatically create an OST email archive for a specified period of time.
- You can verify that the Archive service is active by navigating your preferred location to save PST files.
Import OST file to Outlook PST with Import / Export
- Open Outlook and go to File
- Now click on the Open & Send option and as a result click Enter/Remove.
- Then, select the File transfer option in the next wizard.
- Next select the Outlook .pst data file option and click Next.
- Now select the Outlook profile or folder you want to import in PST format.
- Finally, browse the folder to save the converted Exchange OST file and click Finish.
Users do face many kinds of obligations while following the manual method of conversion. Let us look at this obligation while following this manual method:
- Error is many
- Chances of data loss can be there
- The instant result is not provided
- Bulk conversion cannot be there
These are the obligations that can be faced by the users while using the manual method of importing. Thus, users do want a reliable solution for the importing of the OST file. Let us look at the reliable conversion.
The reliable importing of the OST file
For a reliable importing of the OST, file users can install this OST to the PST Importer tool. The application is advanced and easy to be handled by the users. Follow the below steps to import your OST file using this tool:
- Open and start Softaken OST to PST Converter
- Browse OST file
- If you want to check the selected OST file you can see the preview
- Select the PST format
- Enter the location and finally click on the convert button
These are a few simple and convenient steps to follow the importing the OST files. With the help of this application, a user can import any amount of the OST files as there are several advantages provided. The application can be used by every single user without facing any kind of interruption. Let us have a look at the features that are provided by the tool.
Features provided by the tool
Here are some of the features given that are provided by the tool:
- Import both OST file types: We have encoded software with an advanced algorithm that successfully imports OST files into Outlook, even OST orphan files. Also, the software has no limit on adding large and large OST files.
- Recover the corrupt OST files: If you have a corrupted OST file to retrieve and import, the software is a blessing in disguise as it can recover corrupted OST files successfully. Also, after receiving OST files, it shows a preview of every part of the OST file so users can verify their OST emails before importing them into Outlook PST.
- Filter the duplicity: Software works with duplicate blocking mode. Therefore, if your OST files contain duplicate emails, the tool will automatically filter them. In line with this, you have a filter option for inserting/removing unwanted items in the message class and terms-based conditions.
- Easy monitoring of the files: The software has expert code, and users get control of their import process from start to finish. Users can preview all the data of their OST file and monitor the complete import process in the log report.
- No human error and risk of data loss: The OST to PST conversion tool performs an automatic import process and provides eliminated data loss and human error. Due to its automation capabilities, the software is popular among beginner users.
- Compatible tool: IF you have OST files of different Outlook types or want to access the converted OST files in different versions of Outlook, the software is what you need. This tool allows you to import OST files to all versions of Outlook and works on all Windows Operating Systems.
In this blog, we have informed the users about the methods of Import OST files in Outlook 2019. Users must try the free demo version of the tool which is available to the users. Try the application now!